The safety of the COVID-19 vaccines is a top priority.
• The U.S. safety system ensures that all vaccines are as safe as possible.
COVID-19 vaccination will help protect you from getting COVID-19. Two doses are needed.
• You need 2 doses of the currently available COVID-19 vaccine. A second shot 3 weeks after your first shot is needed to get the most protection the vaccine has to offer against this serious disease.
• Right now, CDC recommends COVID-19 vaccine be offered to healthcare personnel and residents of long-term care facilities.
• There is currently a limited supply of COVID-19 vaccine in the United States, but supply will increase in the weeks and months to come.
• After COVID-19 vaccination, you may have some side effects. This is a normal sign that your body is building protection. Vaccine doses purchased by the U.S. taxpayer dollars will be given to the American people at no cost.
• COVID-19 vaccines are one of the many important tools to help us stop this pandemic.
Facts About COVID-19 Vaccines:
• COVID-19 vaccines will not give you COVID-19.
• COVID-19 vaccines will not cause you to test positive on COVID-19 viral tests.
• People who have gotten sick with COVID-19 may still benefit from getting vaccinated.
• Getting vaccinated can help prevent getting sick with COVID-19.
• Receiving an mRNA vaccine will not alter your DNA.
Benefits of Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine
• COVID-19 vaccination will help keep you from getting COVID-19.
• COVID-19 vaccination will be a safer way to help build protection.
• COVID-19 vaccination will be an important tool to help stop the pandemic.
You should receive a vaccination card or printout that tells you what COVID-19 vaccine you received, the date you received it, and where you received it.
With most COVID-19 vaccines, you will need two shots in order for them to work. Get the second shot even if you have side effects after the first one, unless a vaccination provider or your doctor tells you not to get a second shot.
Common side effects:
• Pain at injection site
• Muscle Aches/Joint Pain
Who Should Not Get the Pfizer-Biontech COVID-19 Vaccine?
You should not get the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine if you:
• Had a severe allergic reaction after a previous dose of this vaccine.
• Had a severe allergic reaction to any ingredient of this vaccine.
What are the Ingredients in the
Pfizer-Biontech COVID-19 Vaccine?
The Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine includes the following ingredients: mRNA, lipids ((4-hydroxybutyl) azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate), 2 [(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide, 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3- phosphocholine, and cholesterol), potassium chloride, monobasic potassium phosphate, sodium chloride, dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate, and sucrose.
Leave a Reply