CORONAVIRUS (COVIG-19) UPDATE AND PRECAUTIONS
At the Chateau our resident’s happiness, health and wellbeing are what drive us to live out our motto of Living Happier, Healthier, and Longer. Since the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus at a local skilled nursing facility we have been implementing measures to help protect our residents at all our Chateau properties. Some of the preventative measures we have taken include:
– Signs have been posted at all entrances asking people to not enter the community if they answer yes to any of the CDC recommended testing questions.
– We have increased the use of our Clorox 360 machine to no less than daily treatment of all common areas.
– We have asked residents to not leave the community unless necessary.
– We have asked friends and family members to stay out of the community unless necessary.
– Sent out instructions to our residents, staff, and family members on signs and symptoms for respiratory illness and respiratory etiquette.
– No guest meals in dining rooms in order to help protect our residents from outside people introducing something into the community.
– Quarantining residents returning from the hospital and initiating our infectious disease protocol for them for 14 days. This would apply to new move-ins coming from the hospital.
– The front desk will be screening visitors and issuing name tags so that staff know that they have been screened. This screening includes asking all visitors:
– if they have traveled to countries with high coronavirus outbreaks
– if they have any signs or symptoms of the coronavirus/flu (ie. Fever)
– if they have come into contact with anybody that has tested positive for coronavirus/flu
– if they have been in a known infected hospital or SNF
– Limit outside vendors to those essential to run the community.
– Cancel all outings except to the grocery store and church services.
We are also monitoring and following guidance from the Center for Disease Control and the Washington Department of Health. It is our hope that more information around the COVID-19 virus will become available and allow us to lift some of these preventative measures and return to our normal life and routine soon.